Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body, playing several vital roles in the health of both your body and brain.
Studies have shown that even if you eat a healthy, balanced diet you may not be getting enough of it! It’s estimated that around 50% of people get less than the recommended daily amount of magnesium required.
What are the health benefits of an adequate magnesium dosage in your diet?
Magnesium is involved in hundreds of Biomechanical reactions in your bodying including;
🔥 Energy creation: Helps convert food into energy.
🔥 Protein formation: Helps create new proteins from amino acids.
🔥 Gene maintenance: Helps create and repair DNA and RNA.
🔥 Muscle movements: Is part of the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
🔥 Nervous system regulation: Helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system.
In summary, Magnesium is absolutely essential for good health and the recommended daily intake is 400–420 mg per day for men and 310–320 mg per day for women.
Some food idea's which are great sources of Magnesium include:
- Pumpkin seeds: 46% of the RDI per 16 grams
- Spinach, boiled: 39% of the RDI per 180 grams
- Swiss chard, boiled: 38% of the RDI per 175 grams
- Dark chocolate (70–85% cocoa): 33% of the RDI per 100 grams
- Black beans: 30% of the RDI per 172 grams
- Quinoa, cooked: 33% of the RDI per 185 grams
- Halibut: 27% of the RDI per 100 grams
- Almonds: 25% of the RDI per 24 grams
- Cashews: 25% of the RDI per 30 grams
- Mackerel: 19% of the RDI per 100 grams
- Avocado: 15% of the RDI in one medium avocado (est. 200 grams)
- Salmon: 9% of the RDI per 100 grams
Lky7 Sports, online prices on the High Street.
📍 Lky7 Sports, 357 Staines Road West, Ashford, Surrey, TW15 1RP.
📞 01784 258111